Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tough times

I never thought I'd work on Christmas Eve, actually I never really put much thought to it.

I don't think it's a reflect upon tough times, I think it's the nature of the beast. Often I feel people blame things on some external force that actually has no impact on them, the news is happening at all times, that's why we work on the holidays. The news is life, it's what happens and life happens on holidays.

That all being said, of course the news industry has been affected by the economy. It was already suffering. The industry got kicked while it was already down.


That doesn't mean that people don't want the news. People strive more than ever before to know everything without doing anything... and that is what journalists provide. We give summaries, pictures and videos of what happened without you having to do more than click a button. Now why would people not want to support that type of industry?

Because people are doing it for free...

*Picture from HERE

No comments: