Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wall Street Crisis & future

On Sunday I heard my computer "bling"(the noise it makes when I receive an email) with NYTimes News Alert after NYTimes News Alert. I didn't really realize the gravity of the situation until I heard a "bling" while I was in bed. NYTimes News Alert, why so late at night? This is what it said:

"Breaking News Alert
The New York Times
Monday, September 15, 2008 -- 12:56 AM ET
-----

Lehman Brothers Announces It Will File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Lehman Brothers, the storied Wall Street securities firm,
announced on its Web site early Monday that it will file for
Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection."

The next morning when I heard about Wall Street falling to pieces- I wasn't surprised. Any "bling" that late at night more than likely is not good.

New York Gov. Patterson said as many as 30,000 jobs on Wall Street could be lost as a result of this financial crisis.

If it's hard to hold down a job in business, where's the hope for the rest of us?

The November election is just around the corner and as much as I'd like to think things will get better, I've grown pessimistic. Honestly, our problems will probably get worse before they get better because no charasmatic speech will fix the economy, nor will a hockey mom with lipstick. Rumors say McCain can't even check his email by himself, and Biden told press that Clinton might have been a better pick than himself. (Seriously Biden, it's very respectful to talk about Clinton's credentials, but you're shooting yourself in the foot.)

And enough with Palin, as my friend said the other day: they might as well just say, "Palin for President."

No comments: