Thursday, October 9, 2008

More: what they think...

How about some opinions from St. Louis, LA and Massachusetts?

"McCain= Bush = war under false preface= bad fiscal policies (when is the last time the saying a "fiscal conservative" not an oxymoron?) = outing FBI agents= poor speaker (and they tell you need to spake correctly to get ahead?" = deteriorated American standing both politically and economically. . I'm sorry, was that a Palin answer?" ERIC, LOS ANGELES, CA


"Not crazy about either (Obama or McCain). They both promise anything just to get elected and end up doing what all the others before have done--zilch."
CAROL, ST. LOUIS, MO


"I plan to vote for Obama-- I don't think he's perfect, but I was never really a big Hillary fan either, but I do tend to lean left. He's an awesome public speaker, confident and seems pretty sure of himself which in turn makes me sure of him. However, if an awesome Republican who was pretty moderate came out and ran, I could be swayed that way as well. I don't know much about Biden, to be honest, but he seems legit enough from what I can tell. I need to read more. That being said, Palin drives me crazy, with her socially conservative Walmart-mom standpoints-- obviously not really what I'm about personally-- and who gives a shit about Alaska anyway, the population she governed is like 10 people. And McCain is like a lesser form of Bush all over again, despite his claims that he hasn't agreed with Bush on everything, but I guess that may be an exaggeration slash he might regret it. Obama may be more ideas than action at this point, but I think he has the potential to do great things. Whereas McCain reminds me of a creepy hobbit who has already passed his peak of potential for doing good, besides the fact that I disagree with his conservative lean. He's always talking about his record & Obama's short record, but I don't necessarily care about records that strongly-- it actually kind of bugs me that whole "flip flopper" Kerry-style argument... like people can't change from 1980-now?? The world has changed, your votes will change, and it's not like a new guy can't do right too. duh. ---I like watching the debates, but they get a little redundant over time. You start to feel like they're saying the same things over and over, and it's all just shifts in rhetoric anyway. Which is understandable because they aren't really in the position to change or prove anything yet. And it's tough because it's not like I'm a good enough citizen with enough free time to actually read/pay attention to Obama's foreign policy & economic plans-- I just hear what they are and what they suck at from newscasters, speeches & opponent criticism. Sometimes I wish we were all just given (2) 500 page books called "McCain's Background & Policies" and "Obama's Background & Policies" and you just read through that synopsis, hear a speech, and that's that. Because when you watch debates, etc., everything gets twisted and shifted and who knows what they'll actually do after inauguration."
RENEE, BOSTON, MA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You posted my rant! =)